In 2018, California passed new sexual harassment prevention training requirements that impact California employers with 5 or more employees. To clear up misconceptions regarding those requirements, here is a quick summary:
Between January 1, 2019 and January 1, 2020, employers with 5 or more employees must provide:
- At least 2 hours of sexual harassment prevention training to all supervisory employees within 6 months of their assumption of a supervisory position.
- At least 1 hour of sexual harassment prevention training to all nonsupervisory employees within 6 months of their assumption of a nonsupervisory position.
- After January 1, 2020, employees must be retrained once every 2 years. That means that all employees statewide must be retrained by January 1, 2022.
For additional requirements, visit ProAction Insurance at Booth #401 at the CAHSAH Annual Conference & Expo or contact us today at (951) 898-9892 to get access to our sexual harassment prevention training courses.
ProAction Insurance – Booth #401
- Workers’ Comp Premium Analysis
- Audit Bill Consultation
- Sexual Harassment Prevention & Training Information
- HR Compliance Resources